Lily's Sailor Dress
Sailor dresses never go out of style and are a favorite to many. This waisted bodice dress has a white collar that is accented with soutache braid trim and the traditional tie. The bodice is made complete with beautiful covered buttons as Trisha teaches you just how easy they are to make (once you know some tips). This dress might look quite simple but you will be surprised how many fine sewing skills you will learn while constructing it. Just to mention a few, Trisha will teach you how to work with fusible interfacing with the greatest of ease. And, if you have ever tried to make beautiful corded piping using a dot fabric, you know just how difficult that is to accomplish. Well, no more, after this class you will make beautiful dotted piping every time. This pattern is sized 2 – 12 and you will receive all sizes in class. Even though it is being called a sailor dress, it would also be great as a top for the older girls when paired with Capri pants.Teacher: Trisha Smith
Date: Saturday, April 22
Time: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Size Range: 3 - 12
Fee: $70 (min. 4 students)
Level 2 or above
General class policies
- Your registration includes a $25 non-refundable deposit per class. Class fee does not include the cost of supplies, unless otherwise stated.
- When registering for a class online, you will be charged the full class fee,
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Make-up classes are not normally held.
- For some projects, you may purchase the class at the full class price. If you choose to complete the project during a SNS with the respective teacher, you will not be charged for the SNS you attend to receive instruction on the class. Schedule your SNS time with teacher in advance.
- Classes may be cancelled if minimum registration is not met. In case of cancellation by us, you may be refunded or receive store credit for the amount paid at time of registration to be used towards a future class within 12 months of the original class date.
- If you need to cancel a class, your deposit is not refundable. However, if you notify us more than 24 hours prior to class, you may receive the balance of the class fee if full payment was paid at registration.
Supplies and Machines
- We ask that you purchase supplies, including fabric, at the Children’s Corner store. These supplies will be discounted 10% at the time of purchase. Please let us know your purchase is for a class.
- For most classes, Children’s Corner supplies the sewing machines, however, on days when more than one class meets we will notify you to bring your own machine.