Double Gauze Embrace Solid
Embrace™ double gauze is a woven, breathable, soft, and lightweight fabric. It’s made from two layers of gauze, a light fabric with an open weave, that are basted together every inch. This basting forms a subtle grid over the entire fabric and allows the two layers to act as one. This double gauze gets softer and softer with every wash.
Fiber Content: 100% cotton
Fabric Type: double gauze
- For most uses, we recommend machine wash in cold and hang dry or tumble dry on low.
- Prewash to achieve maximum crinkle prior to cutting.
- Double gauze loves steam and presses well.
- Use the gridlines of the weave to get straight cuts.
- Use a new 70/10 or 80/12 sharp needle to avoid snags.
- Stay-stitching is extra important because double gauze likes to grow.
- Shorten your stitch to 2.0 or 2.5 and reduce tension to avoid fabric pulling.
- Cotton lawn or voile works well for facings and linings.
Click here for more information on this fabric.
Currently we can only offer fabric in 1 yard increments online. If you desire partial yardage, feel free to call our shop at 615-292-1746 to order.