Classic Sewing Magazine - Spring 2019 Featuring Jodi by Children's Corner
A beautiful quarterly magazine filled with beautiful images and inspiration, and this edition is special to us in that it features our cover dress, Jodi.
This classic dress was first published in 1980 at a time when Children’s Corner Patterns were not printed on tissue and the cover art was a line drawing. Dating back to the earliest days of our company, Jodi combined many beautiful elements of smocking, hand embroidery and pleats. Until now, Jodi has not been reprinted since the initial run in the early 80s.
We are delighted to reintroduce the readers of Classic Sewing to Jodi, a timeless style. Designed at a time when children wore fancy dresses to events from birthday parties to a family wedding, Jodi functioned as a dress for any occasion. The time investment was worth it because the dress would be worn more than once and likely passed down for generations. While the options to wear an heirloom dress may be fewer with our less formal culture, the desire to dress our children in truly special garments is as strong as ever.
With this release, we’ve updated the instructions and slightly altered the original design to reflect the current style in hem lengths. Our cover dress is made with blue Swiss Batiste so that the beautiful handwork shines. We chose a smocking color pallet that is both classic and monochromatic. The dress would make an excellent dress for any special occasion.
- Beautiful patterns for children’s garments, casual pieces, gifts, and more
- Projects galore from everyday sewing to heirloom garments — all created by the industry’s best designers
- Interviews with the leading sewing celebrities who have shaped our craft
- At least 2 full-size patterns in a separate envelope attached to the magazine
- Downloadable embroidery designs and monograms
- Resource Guide for new fabrics, buttons, trims, notions, and other fine sewing accessories
- Ideas and tips for beautiful sewing rooms to inspire your creative space
- Sewing projects for adults
- Sewing techniques for beginners and advanced sewists