Ruthie Smocked Add-on - Video Lesson
Smocked Ruthie is an Add-On pattern which includes instruction on how to smock the front and back skirts. Additionally, the pattern includes a classic banded puff sleeve and ruffle collar. This video shows step by step the construction of this new dress. The Smocked Ruthie Add-On pattern is included with this video lesson product and truly comes to life in this video. Inspired by our classic Bessie pattern, the Smocked Ruthie is a style that endures.
This video lesson includes:
- On-Demand Video sewing the smocked version of Ruthie from start to finish
- Digital Download Pattern of the Smocked Ruthie Add-on (Ruthie sold separately)
PDF document with helpful information and the timestamp for each section
When you purchase the video lesson, you gain access to this on-demand video that you can view anytime convenient for you. Watch, pause, and rewind as many times as necessary as you learn from our talented educators. Printable PDF materials accompany the video lesson to supplement the information on screen. Pay once and view forever.
Pattern: Smocked Ruthie Add-On
Run Time: 1 hour 37 minutes
Teacher: Susan Whitman
Difficulty Rating: Expert - 4 Thimbles
Children’s Corner Ruthie (sold separately)
Children’s Corner Smocked Ruthie Add-on (included with this product)
Fabric – dress and lining
Basic sewing supplies
Buttons (3/8”) sizes 6mo – 3 – see chart on back cover
Buttons (1/2”) sizes 4 – 8 – see chart on back cover
Corded piping – 2 yards
Pleater/Access to Pleating Services
Featherweight fusible interfacing (optional)
Glue Baste-it (optional)
Pre-pleated kits are currently being offered for this look, see options!
In this lesson you'll learn...
• How to work with the Add-On pattern pieces to construct this new dress.
• Construction of a ruffle collar that can be used on any future Ruthie whether it is smocked or not.
• How to properly measure skirt widths to fit each yoke. NOTE: Our Instructions give you a cheat sheet with the measurements, but this is vital information to help with future patterns.
• How to use Wonder Tape to expertly attach piping to smocked skirts
• Accurate placement of smocking when attached to yokes.
• How to make buttonholes on your machine
• Finishing techniques
Video Lesson Details
On-Demand videos are streamed and not downloaded to your computer due to the size of the file. Our video content is the property of Children’s Corner and is intended for personal use by the original purchaser only and may not be shared, copied, or used for class purposes. Children’s Corner reserves the right to deactivate the link without notice if the link or content is not used in accordance with our company policies.