Learn to Sew: 2 Thimbles
This video is the 2nd in our 4-part series that describes all the techniques you need to know when sewing Children's Corner patterns. We encourage you to print the PDF that accompanies the videos and fill your pages with these samples to create a resource binder.
Run Time: 1 hour 23 minutes
Teacher: Susan Whitman
Difficulty Rating: Moderate - 2 Thimbles
In this lesson you’ll learn...
• Peter Pan collar with piping and eyelet trim
• Pointed collar
• Zig zag over 1/8" elastic as used in the Frannie Baby bloomers or a sunbonnet long sleeve
• Installing grippers/snaps with ease
• Crocheted button loop by machine
• Blind hem by machine
• How to master the "Taco" method (finishing the leg edges of a lined garment)
• Topstitching and edgestitching
• Using the lengthen/shorten lines on pattern pieces
• How to properly measure a child
2" Three-ring binder
Plastic page protectors
Sewing machine, manual, and presser feet
Basic Sewing Supplies
Fabric scraps for samples
Snap Setter and size 16 snaps
Needle with large eye (Chenille #22 or #24)
Blind hem machine presser foot
What is a Video Lesson?
When you purchase the video lesson, you gain access to this on-demand video that you can view anytime convenient for you. Watch, pause, and rewind as many times as necessary as you learn from our talented educators. Printable PDF materials accompany the video lesson to supplement the information on screen. Pay once and view forever.
Video Lesson Details & Content Policy
Our on-demand videos are streamed and not downloaded to your computer due to the size of the file. Our video content is the property of Children’s Corner and is intended for personal use by the original purchaser only and may not be shared, copied, or used for class purposes. Children’s Corner reserves the right to deactivate the link without notice if the link or content is not used in accordance with our company policies.