Learn to Smock: Stacking & Picture Smocking
Want to take your smocking to the next level? Bonnie teaches how to translate the basic cable stitch into stacked cables and create adorable "pictures" with your work. Follow along with Bonnie with your needle in hand and pause, rewind or replay as many times as you need to master these techniques. You will love how many new smocking plates and designs become available to you after you learn to picture smock.
When you purchase the video lesson, you gain access to this on-demand video that you can view anytime convenient for you. Watch, pause, and rewind as many times as necessary as you learn from our talented educators. Printable PDF materials accompany the video lesson to supplement the information on screen. Pay once and view forever.
Run Time: 1 hour 48 minutes
Teacher: Bonnie Myszka
Difficulty Rating: 4 Thimbles - Expert
Pre Pleated Insert Kit
Needles - Most common are #7 Darner, #5 Darner, #22 Chenille, or #24 Chenille
DMC Floss or Pearl Cotton
Pleater or Smocking dots (if pulling up pleats by hand)
In this lesson you'll learn:
- Best needles to use as you smock
- How to determine the number of floss threads to use in any given project
- Expert tying off techniques
- How to read a picture smocking plate and use a magnetic board to assist you while you work
- How to achieve perfectly fluffed stacked cables
- How to work with complicated designs that require multiple threaded needles along the same row
- Tips on how to rework small mistakes
Video Lesson Details
On-Demand videos are streamed and not downloaded to your computer due to the size of the file. Our video content is the property of Children’s Corner and is intended for personal use by the original purchaser only and may not be shared, copied, or used for class purposes. Children’s Corner reserves the right to deactivate the link without notice if the link or content is not used in accordance with our company policies.