Alex Romper & Shirt - Video Lesson
Alex is a fully-lined romper and jumper with shirt for boys and girls. This video walks you through making the romper for boys. Additionally, Susan sews the shirt that completes the outfit. As you add new techniques to your sewing, this is an excellent project to jump into after you’ve watched our technique lesson: "Learn to Sew: 2 Thimbles".
Run Time: 2 hours, 39 minutes
Teacher: Susan Whitman
Difficulty Rating: Moderate - 2 Thimbles
Children’s Corner Alex (sold separately)
Fabric – romper, shirt & lining
Basic sewing supplies
Buttons Romper (5/8”– 3/4”) – 2
Buttons Shirt (3/8”) – see chart on pattern cover
Pre-made corded piping – 2 1/2 yards
Elastic (3/4” wide) – 1/3 yard
Glue Baste-it (optional)
In this lesson you'll learn:
- Reading pattern instructions
- Understanding markings on pattern pieces
- How to properly transfer pattern markings to fabric
- Laying out pattern pieces accurately on fabric
- Topstitching a pocket
- Tips for trimming, and turning crisp corners on romper straps
- Properly turning a lined garment – the "Taco" method
- Perfect Peter Pan collar with piping
- Constructing straight sleeve, complete with piped hem
- How to make buttonholes on your machine
What is a Video Lesson?
When you purchase the video lesson, you gain access to this on-demand video that you can view anytime convenient for you. Watch, pause, and rewind as many times as necessary as you learn from our talented educators. Printable PDF materials accompany the video lesson to supplement the information on screen. Pay once and view forever.
Video Lesson Details & Content Policy
Our on-demand videos are streamed and not downloaded to your computer due to the size of the file. Our video content is the property of Children’s Corner and is intended for personal use by the original purchaser only and may not be shared, copied, or used for class purposes. Children’s Corner reserves the right to deactivate the link without notice if the link or content is not used in accordance with our company policies.