Sutton - Video Lesson
Sutton is a classic daygown for baby. The girl’s view features lace edging around the neck, front facing and sleeves. Ribbon is attached to the beading at the neck and sleeves. The boy’s view features Swiss trim at the front facing with a bias band at the neck and sleeve edge. Also included is a slip that buttons at the shoulder and features a flat lace edging at the hem. A shell edge at the neck and armhole is finished by hand. Susan sews a girl’s and boy’s daygown and a slip.
Run Time: 3 hours 14 minutes
Teacher: Susan Whitman
Difficulty Rating: Expert - 4 Thimbles
Children’s Corner Sutton (sold separately)
Basic sewing supplies
Notions (as seen on back cover)
In this lesson you'll learn:
- How to sew this pattern from start to finish
- Two different techniques for completing French Seams
- Attaching gathered lace to entredeux at facing and neck edge
- Tips for using a bodkin to insert ribbon into beading
- Delicate hand-stitching techniques for a beautiful finish
- Attaching flat Swiss edging to facing
- Creating a beautiful bias band to finish the neck edge on the boy’s view
- Constructing the slip including the folded tabs and buttonholes
- Step by step instructions for shell edge finish
- Finishing the slip with a simple flat lace at the hem
What is a Video Lesson?
When you purchase the video lesson, you gain access to this on-demand video that you can view anytime convenient for you. Watch, pause, and rewind as many times as necessary as you learn from our talented educators. Printable PDF materials accompany the video lesson to supplement the information on screen. Pay once and view forever.
Video Lesson Details & Content Policy
Our on-demand videos are streamed and not downloaded to your computer due to the size of the file. Our video content is the property of Children’s Corner and is intended for personal use by the original purchaser only and may not be shared, copied, or used for class purposes. Children’s Corner reserves the right to deactivate the link without notice if the link or content is not used in accordance with our company policies.