Learn to Sew: 3 Thimbles
Don't let zippers scare you anymore! Susan guides you through installing an invisible zipper, the difference in the most common pleats and how to master the famous "placket under the pleat" in our vintage patterns. We encourage you to print the PDF that accompanies the videos and fill your pages with these samples to create or add to your resource binder.
This video is the 3rd in a 4-part series that describes all the techniques you need to know when sewing Children's Corner Patterns.
Run Time: 1 hour 6 minutes
Teacher: Susan Whitman
Difficulty Rating: Advanced - 3 Thimbles
In this lesson you’ll learn...
• Installing a perfectly placed zipper older girls will love
• Placket under the pleat, also referred to as the "paper bag placket" as seen in many of our vintage patterns that out of print (ex. Kathy/Kelley)
• What makes each pleat different
• Sample of each pleat: knife, box, inverted box, darts
• Properly threading your machine with a twin needle
• How to sew pin tucks with a twin needle
• How a twin needle can cut your finishing time in half when finishing a knit dress
• Rolled hem foot and why we think it is worth the trouble to learn how to use
• Adding an applique with your machine
Printed PDF file included with purchase
2" Three-ring binder
Plastic page protectors
Sewing machine, manual, and presser feet
Basic Sewing Supplies
Fabric scraps for samples
Copy paper/Paper Sack and marking pen
Presser Feet: 5 Groove Pin Tuck foot, Rolled Hem foot, Open Toe foot
Small Craft Iron
What is a Video Lesson?
When you purchase the video lesson, you gain access to this on-demand video that you can view anytime convenient for you. Watch, pause, and rewind as many times as necessary as you learn from our talented educators. Printable PDF materials accompany the video lesson to supplement the information on screen. Pay once and view forever.
Video Lesson Details & Content Policy
Our on-demand videos are streamed and not downloaded to your computer due to the size of the file. Our video content is the property of Children’s Corner and is intended for personal use by the original purchaser only and may not be shared, copied, or used for class purposes. Children’s Corner reserves the right to deactivate the link without notice if the link or content is not used in accordance with our company policies.